I love pulled meat, be it pulled pork or pulled beef. They are flavourful, easy-to-eat and so so versatile! I mean, you can even make a pasta or noodle dish out of them and they will taste perfect together!
I tried making my own based on this recipe, plus a little additional seasoning. It’s actually super simple, but takes about 9 hours to cook, in a slow cooker!
1) Get a big slab of boneless pork loin or shoulder, rub it with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
2) Put it in a slow cooker, add enough water to cover the bottom of the meat. Cover and cook on high for an hour, then low for 7 hours.
3) Take the pork out, and by now it should be very tender and would tear apart easily.
4) Using two forks, shred the meat.
5) Throw them into the pot again, add a whole bottle of BBQ sauce in, stir and let it cook for another 1 hour and you are done!
The pulled pork turns out really smokey and yummy! I’ve served it with breads, made a crazily delicious grilled cheese sandwich out of it and have served it with okra on a carb-free lunch day.
I’m not too huge a fan of BBQ Sauce though – often finding it too sweet, so I might try it with other sauces. Any suggestions?